Saturday, June 28, 2008

A little bribery goes a long way




I am so proud of Cameron! We have recently started a chore list for the week. They each have a list to do, and for everything done on the list they get a star. The reward...30 star gets 30 minutes with the parent of their choice, doing whatever they want. Cameron is VERY goal oriented so this has worked perfectly for him. Not only did he do his chores, he was very helpful doing jobs to help me around the house. He wanted his reward this week to be for him and I to go fishing. I'm not very into fishing, but I had an awesome time with him. Neither of us caught anything. We did both enjoy spending one on one time with each other. Now he can't wait to start his list for next week. Can't wait to see what he wants to do next.

Noah on the other hand...doesn't really seem to care that much about it. I know it has alot to do with his age. I'm just going to keep trying different things until I find what works for him. I think I might have to lower the star count for him. 30 seems like alot. Maybe once he gets the chance to experience a reward, he will want to do it more. He's such a good boy.

No comments: