Thursday, January 29, 2009

Warning!

I wanted to share this with you so that maybe this won't happen to anyone else.
I went over to Stacy's today, and parked in her driveway. It's a pretty steep, inclined driveway. The ice is starting to melt and get really slushy. I put my Suburban in park , and put on my emergency brake. I got out and walked around to the other side to get Noah and Addy out. All of a sudden, my truck was sliding backwards! I was able to throw Noah in the truck. I had no idea where Cameron was. My first reaction was to try to stop the truck. In the process, I've pulled a muscle in my arm. Thank God, Cameron was able to get away before it started moving, and I didn't slip and get run over. And, thank God there was no traffic coming because we rolled right out into the street (almost into the neighbors driveway). So, nobody got hurt. I was just really shook up. Please be VERY careful on this stuff. I think with everything melting, it's making some places even more slick!
BE CAREFUL!!!!

1 comment:

way&leigh said...

I'm glad you guys are all OK. That's so scary!!

I'm sure the kids won't mind picking up and cleaning while you are recovering from the pulled muscle. Milk it!